Enrich your Darts Hill experience through a pre-booked guided Garden tour. While exploring the winding pathways, learn about the wide variety of rare and unusual plants as well as the history and evolution of this stunning plantsman’s garden. We offer both Guided Tours for private groups and Garden Director’s Tours with open registration. Cost is $5 per person. School tours are free.
Private Guided Tours
Book a private two-hour tour, customized just for you and your group by an experienced, knowledgeable guide. Private tours must be booked and prepaid two weeks in advance to allow scheduling of guides. A golf cart is available for those with limited mobility and must be requested at time of booking.
- Guided tours are available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10:30 to 12:30 and 1:30 to 3:30 with some exceptions noted below.♦
- Walking tours require a minimum of five participants. Large-sized groups will be accommodated with additional guides.
- Golf cart tours can accommodate up to three people. Cost of a golf cart tour is $25.
- To book your Private Guided Tour, please call the City of Surrey at 604-501-5100 at least two weeks in advance. Please note you will be required to pay in full by VISA or MasterCard at time of booking. One week’s notice is required for cancellation or reduction in numbers.
♦ Due to special events in the Garden, there will be no private guided tours on these Saturday dates: April 29, May 27, June 24, July 15, September 23, and October 21.
Garden Director’s Tours
Enjoy a 45-minute tour of Darts Hill with the Garden Director, followed by an hour of free time in the garden where you can explore the picturesque landscape on your own. Tours must be booked and prepaid two days in advance to ensure adequate numbers.
- Director’s Tours are available most Friday afternoons at 1:15 throughout the spring, summer, and fall. Check our events calendar for specific dates.
- Maximum number of Director’s Tour participants is 15, and bookings are done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tours start at the entrance kiosk west of the main parking lot located at 1633 170th Street. After the tour, all participants are expected to make their way to the main parking lot before the Garden’s 3:00 closing time.
- To book your Garden Director’s Tour, please call the City of Surrey at 604-501-5100 at least two days in advance. Please note you will be required to pay in full by VISA or MasterCard at time of booking.